Let’s do this!!!
Important/ VERY helpful Guidance:
Official 2015 Elements:
- Prop: A high-heeled shoe
- Prop: Roll of toilet paper
- Prop: Something to do with making Art
- Prop: Confetti
- Prop: A hammer
- Prop: Something that is way too heavy
- Action: Zooming in to the point of darkness
- Action: A 360 degree panning camera shot from a characters point of view.
- Action: Struggling to see something
- Character: A baby (real, a doll, mystery in a blanket… whatever)
- Character: Uncle Pete, who’s also a professional _______ (you fill in the blank)
- Character: A lady who is obviously wealthy
- Dialogue: “Wait.. what? Do you even know how this works?”
- Dialogue: “…stop saying ‘hashtag.’
- Dialogue: “That’s not my thing, so… I’ll be leaving shortly”
If you have one or more teams registered to participate in the 2015 STLP Cinemania 48-hour video competition at the STLP State Championship on Thursday, March 26th – This is the official release of video elements to STLP KY Cinemania teams.
Hyperlinked above is a sample scoring rubric that will be used by the judges. Please give extra attention to the following details:
- Video uploads to YouTube should be complete AND A LINK SUPPLIED VIA THE KENTUCKYCINEMANIA.ORG SITE (SEE PREVIOUS EMAIL) by 12 Noon ET (11AM CT) on Friday, March 20th.
- In final product to be judged, make sure not to ID any students names or school/ district names in any way (this should allow for anonymous judging). We’ve been told that some YouTube pages identify the team or school. As long as the video itself does not, we should be able to accommodate blind judging.
- Once the video has been successfully posted to YouTube, use the ‘contact’ or ‘contact us’ area of the kentuckycinemania.org web site – at http://kentuckycinemania.org/contact/ – and submit to the web site by Friday, March 20th at 12:00 PM (NOON) Eastern Time. During submission, put your name (as the sponsor) along with the school name in the “Name” field. Place your email address in the “email” field and, in the body of the message, include the YouTube link and a note that this is your official Cinemania video submission. See example below.
- Use as many of the elements as you can in a creative and interesting way! It adds to the fun, plus ‘use of elements’ is a scoring factor for judges. (Try to NOT just throw the elements in front of the camera, where it doesn’t make sense or naturally add to the story).
- Videos should only be 3 minutes in length (Max).
- Should any difficulties arise with your video upload, reply to this message. With this many teams, our YouTube usage goal was to allow for testing ahead of time to avoid upload issues during the competition. Things happen. A worst-case backup plan will be to find another way to post and distribute the video and will only be implemented under rare circumstances. We plan to update http://kentuckycinemania.org as soon as possible to include acknowledgements of the videos confirmed as “received”. Watch the site and give us a little time to update the site with acknowledgement of your submission, but our goal is to use the site to inform you that you’re “good to go” after submitting the YouTube link to your video.
- Cinemania teams will use their own equipment. We are providing no video equipment.
- After final judging is completed, feel free to rename your YouTube submission to include your school name if you choose to do so. We believe in anonymous judging, but students certainly like to share their work with others and the anonymity is of little importance after the videos are judged.
- As we continue to test the http://kentuckycinemania.org web presence, watch for details and other emails that may come via the web site.
With that, we’ll wish everyone good luck! This competition is always a ton of fun and I wish we had some sort of award that could be given to every team. Let me know if you have any questions. Above all else… turn your students loose to HAVE FUN with this project – we’re big believers in “making stuff”! Take care.
HERE IS A SAMPLE OF THE SUBMISSION FORMAT (via the Contact Form):